Sometimes, I look at myself in amazement. Not in a "good" amazement either. More like amazement that I could be so worried, so untrusting... Many times God has given me opportunites to speak up and do something for Him. Maybe I agree to do it and... maybe I don't. So, I'm "children's pastor" (or something like that) at this local church. I don't officially start until next sunday (the 19th). However, today, being new to the congregation the pastor asked if I would share my testimony. Here I am this morning... sick. I didn't eat anything. I'm dry heaving and everything. Ridiculous, right? I'm texting everyone asking them to pray for me. Let's face it, maybe ONE of those people prayed for me (though I think I'm blessed with several people that did in fact pray for me) and made a difference. Here I am, talking with a pastor from my church - we have an early service so I'll now be attending that, then driving across town to be serving for the 11am service at another church (was all that needed? haha) and talking to him about just how nervous I was. I asked him to pray for me and I believe he did. Let's face it, as my main pastor told me earlier this week; "You'll do great. You have a great God." I don't know that I would say I did "great", but it was certainly something I'll remember forever. As deeply in love with God as I am, I don't know why I was so worried. I mean I prayed, and I prayed, and I prayed, and I prayed... and I even prayed MORE! I love to share my testimony of the wonderful things God has done in my life, I was just nervous about sharing it with a congregation of people I didn't even really know. These people however will become part of my family. We're going to grow closer to God and to eachother. With my knocking knees I made it to the stage to share the glorious things He's done in my life. While I know my voice was cracking, I could also feel His presence there with me the entire time. It was almost like He was saying "I know your knees are knocking and that's okay. I know your voice is cracking and that's okay too. You know why? Because I'm holding your legs steady and I'm giving you the words to speak. It's all going to be okay." And.. it was!
I look forward to the future and the way God plans to use me as His servant.
God and I have a long ways to go. I can always grow more spiritually, but I've also got to learn to "FROG" life a little bit more. What's "FROG"? No, it's not the green thing that makes that annoying croaking sound that jumps from the blades of grass and scares you. The frog I'm talking about is Fully Rely On GOD! It's time I start to give Him credit where credit is due (everywhere, all the time essentially) and trust that He's got it all under control. He's holding my legs steady, He's got me by the hand, and whether I have knocking knees, shaking hands, or a quivering voice - He is with me always.
Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful mothers out there! I hope this day is absolutely wonderful!
May we always be thankful for our parents because no one is guaranteed tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment